Wisdom Tooth Extractions
Common problems associated with wisdom teeth misalignment include:
- Painful, swollen gums
- Crowding or damaging of surrounding teeth
- Possible damaging of nerves and jawbone
If extraction becomes necessary, the team at Clarksville Family Dentistry will provide the safest, most comfortable extraction procedure possible. You can choose heavy sedation or general anesthesia; either method will be relaxing and pain-free. Even though many fear getting their wisdom teeth removed, at Clarksville Family Dentistry you can expect considerate, efficient dental care from our team every time. If payment is a worry, we can work with you financially to set up a payment plan that fits within your budget as well.
In the extraction procedure and after:
- An anesthetic is applied to the wisdom teeth area and surrounding tissue. You can choose an additional sedation method, such as IV, oral or nitrous oxide as well
- Once you’re completely numb or sedated, the wisdom teeth are removed
- If you elected for oral or IV sedation, you will need someone to drive you home
- After the procedure, bleeding and swelling may occur. Apply gauze to bleeding areas and use ice to reduce swelling. You will be prescribed medication for pain as well. Maintain a cold liquid and soft food diet for a few days after, and avoid brushing the extracted tooth area for the first 24 hours
Call your Clarksville dentist at 812-280-1001 today to schedule a consultation, or if you simply have any questions or concerns we can help you with.